Wednesday, December 22, 2010

mommy moment

Today I found out an old friend is also due in June. Such an exciting and welcomed bit of news and just in time for Christmas. The way my heart yielded and filled with joy felt different this time, possibly because we too are with child. I don't know. It just felt like an 'aha moment.' Like wow, we're sharing in this blessed occasion and we can truly relate to how you feel.

I think we're expecting a lot to change, but one aspect of our relationships is transforming every day and it's truly a tender thing. Every time I hear someones' baby announcement or get a piece of motherly, parenting advice from a mommy-friend it's like a fresh, awakening to what will be.

Lord willing, we will welcome a healthy baby to our family next summer and all the words of wisdom, encouragement and kindness will continue. In my career, I struggled to find a true mentor, someone to help me along the way, give me sound perspectives on my craft and professional journey. It was a little tough. Yet, so far, many have been more than willing (and beyond excited) to come alongside us and share what they've learned in parenthood.

For that, we will always be grateful to God. We pray for our family and friends who also hold this desire to become parents and grow their family. Lord, would you answer their petitions and pleas, giving them the desires of their heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers