Saturday, December 18, 2010

sweet sixteen

Today our baby is 16 weeks! Wow! We're told she's the size of an avocado. Never mind me saying she. It's a habit. We still don't know if we'll be welcoming a baby girl or a boy, but for the purposes of this post, I figured I'd go with she. :-)

We also read that the baby's hearing is developing and my voice can now be heard whenever I speak! Wow. Talk about watching what you say. Speaking of what we say, one of the books I've been reading talks specifically about praying for our baby's vocal chords. "Lord, he'll need them to sing your praises. Or at least to make a joyful noise unto you all his days." Amen!

The same chapter challenges parents to be by asking that you list "what changes you need to make so that your speech is always pleasant." Isn't that the coolest? I love this book.

This week's chapter on week 16 is about facial muscles. Our baby is trying out expressions like smiling, squinting and frowning. Hopefully she's doing more smiling than frowning. :-)

Happy 16 weeks Baby S! Mommy and daddy love you so much it makes us cry with tears of joy (especially mommy)!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on 16 weeks! I'm not sure why but when I hit 16 weeks I felt a weight off my shoulders. What book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, what a blessing, indeed! God REALLY is good!

    The book is the first one listed under "what we're reading". It's Expecting: Praying for Your Child's Development - Body and Soul by Maria Taviano. I HIGHLY recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im gonna talk loud when I visit so she'll hear my voice too! Lol 4 mos and counting

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers