Thursday, April 7, 2011

On the move!

Baby S treated us to a show this morning. During our ultrasound, we saw baby jab mommy in the tummy and play with his toes. Apparently the head down position from a few weeks ago is no longer in effect. Now, the baby is butt down, which in the medical world is known as breech. According to this blogger, our little one is in the "frank breech" position, as evidenced by his ability to touch his toes.


Clearly I'm thinking what I saw poking out near my belly button the other day was a shoulder, elbow or fist because the baby's head is just beneath my chest. I love rubbing my tummy, but now I really rub because I know where the baby's back is located. Miracle of miracles, I can't wait to hold this little blessing.

Dr. R isn't concerned about the current position. He said, of course, by our due date (June 4) the baby could be head down... in some cases they turn at the last minute, right before a scheduled C-section. We will be 32 weeks tomorrow and our ultrasound tech is excited about our next sonogram at 36 weeks to see what baby will be doing. She said it's like a soap opera. You're always looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers